St. Vincent Martyr School seeks students from varied economic, racial, and religious backgrounds who are intellectually curious, serious about learning, self-motivated, and disciplined. Admissions decisions are made without regard to race, religion, sex or national origin. We offer rolling admissions throughout the school year to new students who meet admissions criteria. Re-enrollment is offered to existing students whose academic and tuition records are in good standing.
STEP ONE: Request Information
Parents may call the office if they have general questions about the school at (973) 377-1104, ext. 202 or 203.
Otherwise, parents should complete the online Tour & Inquiry Form on the Admissions Portal to schedule a tour date & time with our Admissions Director. Tours are offered on Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
STEP TWO: Initial Visit by Parents
Parents tour the school and learn about SVMS’s philosophy & curriculum during an Open House or an individual tour on a Tuesday.
STEP THREE: Application
Following the initial visit to the school, parents may login to the Admissions Portal to complete the application form(s) for their child(ren) online. The online application requires parents to upload a digital copy (.pdf, .png, .jpg, .gif) of the child(ren)'s
- birth certificate(s)
- baptismal certificate(s)
- current & previous report card(s) (for students entering grades K-8)
- standardized test(s) for the past school year (for students entering grades 3-8)
- a non-refundable registration fee of $125 per family payable by check upon application (PK3/PK4) or assessment (K-8)
- a binder fee of $300 per student for each student enrolling in preschool, kindergarten, or first grade payable by check upon application (PK3/PK4) or assessment (K-8). This fee is applied to the child(ren)’s tuition for the coming year) provided via a check
Please advise the school office if you have issues uploading digital copies of the required documents and require assistance with this task.
STEP FOUR: Assessment & Shadow Day
(for students entering grades K - 8;
students entering PreK3 & PreK4 will skip to step 6)
Once the application has been processed, a school administrator will contact the parents to setup a date for their child(ren) to take a readiness test for Kindergarten or an assessment test for grades 1 -8 in reading and math, proctored by a member of our faculty. Prospective student(s) must also attend a "Shadow Day," allowing the child(ren) to experience a typical day at our school.
STEP FIVE: Application Decision
(for students entering grades K - 8)
Members of the Admissions Committee will meet to discuss the child(ren)'s application(s), and parents will be informed of the Committee's decision.
STEP SIX: Registration
Once the application form, required documents and fees have been received, our office staff will contact you to collect the following registration documentation, including, but not limited to:
- Financial Contract (sent via e-mail)
- Home School Association Contract
- Annual Physical & Immunization records (available for download)
- Emergency Contact Form (sent via e-mail)
- B6T Transportation Form (available for download)
- Textbook Form (available for download)
- Internet & Computer Use Form (sent via e-mail)
- Photo Release Form (sent via e-mail)
- Family Directory Form (sent via e-mail)
- Dismissal Procedure Form (sent via e-mail)
Please contact our office if you have any questions about the process outlined above at at (973) 377-1104, ext. 202 or 203.