St. Vincent Martyr School seeks students from varied economic, racial, and religious backgrounds who are intellectually curious, serious about learning, self-motivated, and disciplined. Admissions decisions are made without regard to race, religion, sex or national origin. We offer rolling admissions throughout the school year to new students who meet admissions criteria. Re-enrollment is offered to existing students whose academic and tuition records are in good standing.
*** Due to recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the school building will be closed through April 17th as a precaution. In the meantime, please Complete the Tour & Inquiry Form so that our staff can contact you to answer questions and arrange follow-up steps in the process. ***
STEP ONE: Request Information
Parents may call the office if they have general questions about the school at (973) 377-1104, ext. 202 or 203.
Otherwise, parents should complete the online Tour & Inquiry Form on the Admissions Portal to schedule a tour date & time with our Admissions Director.
STEP TWO: Initial Visit by Parents
Parents tour the school and learn about SVMS’s philosophy & curriculum during an Open House or an individual tour.
STEP THREE: Application
Following the initial visit to the school, parents may login to the Admissions Portal to complete the application form(s) for their child(ren) online.
In addition, please drop off or mail the following documents to our office:
- birth certificate(s)
- baptismal certificate(s)
- current & previous report card(s) (for students entering grades K-8)
- standardized test(s) for the past school year (for students entering grades 3-8)
- a non-refundable registration fee of $150.00 per family, payable by check to SVMS upon application (Pre-K 3 /Pre-K 4) or assessment (K-8)
- a binder fee of $300 per student for each student enrolling in preschool, kindergarten, or first grade, payable by check to SVMS upon application. This fee is applied to the child(ren)’s tuition for the coming year
STEP FOUR: Assessment & Shadow Day
(for students entering grades K - 8;
students entering PreK3 & PreK4 will skip to step 6)
Once the application has been processed, a school administrator will contact the parents to setup a date for their child(ren) to take a readiness test for Kindergarten or an assessment test for grades 1 -8 in reading and math, proctored by a member of our faculty. On the same day as the assessment, students will "Shadow” (for grades 1-8) allowing the child (ren) to experience a typical day at our school
STEP FIVE: Application Decision
(for students entering grades K - 8)
Members of the Admissions Committee will meet to discuss the child(ren)'s application(s), and parents will be informed of the Committee's decision.
STEP SIX: Registration
Once the application form, required documents and fees have been received, our office staff will contact you to collect the following registration documentation, including, but not limited to:
- Financial Contract (sent via e-mail from Kathy Simonelli ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home School Association Contract (sent via e-mail from K. Simonelli ~ email@example.com
- Annual Physical & Immunization records (available for download)
- B6T Transportation Form (available for download; not applicable to Pre-K 3 / Pre-K 4, not applicable to Madison residents)
- Textbook Form (available for download; not applicable to Pre-K 3 / Pre-K 4)
- Internet & Computer Use Form (not applicable to Pre-K 3 / Pre-K 4)
- Photo Release Form
- Family Directory Form
- Emergency Contact Form
- Dismissal Procedure Form
Please contact our office if you have any questions about the process outlined above at at (973) 377-1104, ext. 202 or 203.