HSA - Home and School Association
The goal of the Saint Vincent Martyr Home and School Association (HSA) is by volunteerism to support the school’s mission to develop a strong spiritual and academic foundation for all students.
All parents/guardians are automatically members of the Saint Vincent Martyr Home and School Association. The HSA is a large and dedicated group of volunteers run by an Executive Board made of parents/guardians, faculty and the Principal (see SVMS HSA Board Member Guidelines). Regularly scheduled meetings are held throughout the year. The HSA Board directs all the events sponsored by or under the jurisdiction of the Home and School Association. Additionally, the principal function of the HSA Executive Board is approving and coordinating vital fundraising events. The most important being our annual Spring Fundraiser. All monies raised go directly to our financial commitment to the school and its students.
The Saint Vincent Martyr HSA sponsors many school activities to enhance the students’ enjoyment of their Catholic education. The activities include community service programs, cultural art events and social programs. A complete list of committees and activities can be found in this section.
This would not be possible without your time, support and enthusiasm!
From the “Home and School Association Guidelines of the Catholic Schools Office Diocese of Paterson”
The Purpose of the Catholic Home and School Association
- To promote communication among parents, teachers and administration
- To provide parents and teachers with information to aid in all aspects of education and the students’ growth and development
- To promote good will and cooperation between and among parents, faculty, administration, education council and parish
- To direct parental support to the school through specific assistance, activities, social functions and fundraisers
- To organize political action of parents as advocates regarding local, state and federal legislation that affects the Catholic school as well as the lives of student and parents
Responsibility of a Home and School Association
- Work in cooperation with the administration
- Conduct Home/School meetings
- Plan with the administration the appropriate activities and programs
- Support and promote the total educational program
- Maintain focus on the primary mission of the school
For general Home & School Association questions or suggestions, please contact the HSA Co-Presidents.