SVMS Golf 2017
Golf Classes in partnership with our local First Tee Chapter of Raritan Valley (classes are held at Golf facilities throughout Raritan Valley are, with dates and times for our nearest location at the Anchor Golf center on Rt. 10 included below). The 3 offerings are:
1) TARGET Class - Kindergarten and 1st Grade - 6-week program, 8-9AM on Saturday mornings from April 29th. No prior golf experience required. The class leverages a combination of SNAG (short golf clubs with over-sized club-heads and colored tennis balls) and real golf equipment learning the fundamentals of the game of golf in a fun environment. Golf equipment provided on request.
2) PLAYER Class - Second Grade/ages 7 and up - 9-week program, 9-10AM on Saturday mornings from April 1st. No prior golf experience required. The class follows the First Tee Life Skills curriculum which combines core values inherent in the game of golf (Respect, Courtesy, Honesty, Sportsmanship, Perseverance...Healthy Habits (Exercise, Nutrition...) and focus on developing golfing techniques of Putting, Chipping, Pitching and the Full Swing. Golf equipment provided on request.
3) PAR, BIRDIE, EAGLE, ACE Classes - Golfers continue to develop their golf games and life skills through higher levels in the First Tee. PAR Class - 9-week program, 10-11AM on Saturday mornings from April 1st.
Spring Class registration is now open via the First Tee of Raritan Valley. Click on the link below to register. Please reach out with any questions to Andrew White via email to: SVMSgolf@gmail.com
About The First TeeThe First Tee is an international youth development organization introducing the game of golf and its inherent values to young people. Through after school and in school programs, we help shape the lives of young people from all walks of life by reinforcing values like integrity, respect and perseverance through the game of golf. And it’s making a difference. Our research-proven programs are having a positive impact on participants, their families and their communities.By The numbers:
- 9 Million – participants reached since 1997
- 6,000 - Elementary schools introduced to The First Tee National School Program
- 50 – U.S. states offering The First Tee programming
- 4 - international locations offering The First Tee programming